Skip to main content

Running outdoors resumed today.

Wow that was lovely to get back out there on two feet and see what my body had left in it.
I was a little concerned about running, but I needn't have been. 
Starting out nice and gently, with a simple, flat 5k being the goal, I felt better than expected from the off. Setting out a little faster than planned, I eventually just settled into a 10.15min/mile average and kept it there.

Giving things a chance to warm up a bit, inc my body as it was a bit chillier than I thought!

Much to my surprise my lungs were fine, breathing wasn't a struggle in any way, and my HR remained under control, falling nicely after any inclines. 

One thing I did notice throughout the day post run was a cough. Not bad, nothing serious, but more frequent that it has been for the past few days. That said, its productive, so that's a good thing. Clearing that chest up nicely now.
Oh and sore legs! Still achy this evening, after such a short run, haha! 

So that's me, let's see how I feel in the morning, and if I fancy a ride. Only a week or so til we travel to Svalbard now, so got to get in what I can while I can.

Just got to test negative now! Last test was 2 days ago and still positive. Testing in the morning, so let's see. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 8 - Test time.

Nope, no suspense this time, straight up positive still.  My gentle morning walk was a bit more of an effort than expected to begin with, coughing almost immediately, but settled in OK in the end. Temperature is down to 36.6c now which is nice. I can feel the difference as its starting to drop.  4 days of isolation left now inc today, so the clock is ticking down nicely now. Can't wait to get out for some gentle exercise. Cue the shite weather!

Day 2 - Update - And its gone!

Sense of smell.... 2 hours ago I could smell the chocolate on the KitKat I was eating... Now... Nothing. Just stuck a bottle of Olbas oil right under my nostrils, and the best I got was the burning on the back of my throat as I inhaled deeply.  Cor this is strange! Lol.  PS I feel like poo!