Skip to main content

Covid Isolation - Day 3 - Can't sleep.

Well it's 4.30am, I'm done with trying to sleep. Hot and cold constantly, irritable, and over thinking all the time I am awake. Tried for half an hour to get back to sleep, so eventually decided to come into the living room, and curl up on the sofa.

Feeling pretty drained now, walking is becoming shuffling, and breathing more of an effort. Although sats are still good, so that's something.

Seems the virus is still settling in, with my cough getting more frequent now. Although as a guide, I can go half an hour or so without coughing, so it's not like it's persistent as in constant. 

So far today, since I went to bed, my body battery has continued to drop, even with 4 hours of mediocre sleep. Can see the stress levels were high throughout. Something tells me today is gonna be a really crappy day. Meh.

Right, I'm gob a curl back up now and at least try and relax, if not sleep for a bit. C'mon body, we got this. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Running outdoors resumed today.

Wow that was lovely to get back out there on two feet and see what my body had left in it. I was a little concerned about running, but I needn't have been.  Starting out nice and gently, with a simple, flat 5k being the goal, I felt better than expected from the off. Setting out a little faster than planned, I eventually just settled into a 10.15min/mile average and kept it there. Giving things a chance to warm up a bit, inc my body as it was a bit chillier than I thought! Much to my surprise my lungs were fine, breathing wasn't a struggle in any way, and my HR remained under control, falling nicely after any inclines.  One thing I did notice throughout the day post run was a cough. Not bad, nothing serious, but more frequent that it has been for the past few days. That said, its productive, so that's a good thing. Clearing that chest up nicely now. Oh and sore legs! Still achy this evening, after such a short run, haha!  So that's me, let's see how I feel in the mo...

Covid Isolation - Day 10 - Mixed results.

A day off work today, originally booked for an appointment, but obviously I can't attend anything right now. So I am making the most of it and having a rest from as much as possible. Not a bed nights sleep, but definitely more lethargic in the mornings, possibly due to knowing I can't go out and do anything, rather than not having any energy. Had a bit of a sore knee when I got up, so decided todays activity should be low impact. So I went for a 1 hour treadmill walk instead. Slowly increasing the speed. Felt nice and low impact. Then of course we moved onto the test. Day 10 LFT, still hoping (I'm joking) for early release. Within a few mins of starting the test, the positive line was starting to show. Ann meanwhile had also tested but was showing as negative. This is from one of the newer kits we have, which is nose and throat swabs. Between us we have four sets of tests, two each of nose only, and nose and throat ones. I had used an older nose only. So out of ...

Covid Isolation - Day 8 - Shite night!

As promised, I had an early night last night. Did me no good whatsoever, and struggled all night to stay asleep for any period of time. Waking with a sore throat and mouth a number of times, then couldn't get back to sleep. Disturbed by any noise I heard including 'a owl, a evil f**kin owl'. My brain turned it into someone calling for help in my dream somehow. Needless to say I woke feeling a bit crappy to say the least. Body battery only went up to 90% after all that rest, and that's just about where I feel right now. Fair to say that a big effort on the bike yesterday probably didn't help matters, but hey. Today I shall take it a lot easier, no racing heart rates for me, just a nice morning walk on Zwift is all I have planned. Just a bit snotty this morning, and body a bit low on energy, other than that, not too bad, cough is much less frequent today.  Ann tested positive again, so no early release for her.