Skip to main content

Covid Isolation - Day 4 - Fight back.

Last night, I have to say I got quite a good nights sleep, probably one of the best I have had for quite some time in fact. Might be something to do with rearranging pillows and sleeping more upright to aid breathing, and support my shoulder a bit better. The numbers don't lie. I have to say, I feel how Garmin thinks I feel, so yet again, quite impressed at the data I am getting.
My SATS are right back up again, and my RHR is settling down, also my body temp is starting to drop a bit now too, down from 37.2c to 36.8c this morning. I have definitely still got some crap on my chest, but it is starting to move, and feels like less is building back up. Certainly less pressure on my chest now, and the soreness is starting to go now.

After speaking to the doctor yesterday I feel more reassured that I am OK exercising still, so will be jumping on Zwift shortly to spin my legs, and keep things moving. No efforts will be made today for sure. 

Fingers crossed this is the bounce back, and me on the road to recovery now. I am not going to be silly about it though, and realise it could just be a good day, and things can still take a turn, til I shift this virus. 

Right, Zwift, here goes. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Running outdoors resumed today.

Wow that was lovely to get back out there on two feet and see what my body had left in it. I was a little concerned about running, but I needn't have been.  Starting out nice and gently, with a simple, flat 5k being the goal, I felt better than expected from the off. Setting out a little faster than planned, I eventually just settled into a 10.15min/mile average and kept it there. Giving things a chance to warm up a bit, inc my body as it was a bit chillier than I thought! Much to my surprise my lungs were fine, breathing wasn't a struggle in any way, and my HR remained under control, falling nicely after any inclines.  One thing I did notice throughout the day post run was a cough. Not bad, nothing serious, but more frequent that it has been for the past few days. That said, its productive, so that's a good thing. Clearing that chest up nicely now. Oh and sore legs! Still achy this evening, after such a short run, haha!  So that's me, let's see how I feel in the mo...

Covid Isolation - Day 10 - Mixed results.

A day off work today, originally booked for an appointment, but obviously I can't attend anything right now. So I am making the most of it and having a rest from as much as possible. Not a bed nights sleep, but definitely more lethargic in the mornings, possibly due to knowing I can't go out and do anything, rather than not having any energy. Had a bit of a sore knee when I got up, so decided todays activity should be low impact. So I went for a 1 hour treadmill walk instead. Slowly increasing the speed. Felt nice and low impact. Then of course we moved onto the test. Day 10 LFT, still hoping (I'm joking) for early release. Within a few mins of starting the test, the positive line was starting to show. Ann meanwhile had also tested but was showing as negative. This is from one of the newer kits we have, which is nose and throat swabs. Between us we have four sets of tests, two each of nose only, and nose and throat ones. I had used an older nose only. So out of ...

Covid Isolation - Day 5 - 100%

Last night was a pretty comfortable evening I must say, although lack of appetite meant me missing my dinner. Snacked on a few bits then hit the hay for the night.  Another early ish night last night, a tum full of pills, and a relaxation audio track playing, and off to sleep I went.  After a good long sleep I woke to get up to pee, and without thinking launched myself out of bed like I usually would, half way to the bathroom and I thought, "oh hey, I feel quite good". Back to bed and settled back to sleep in no time. Waking this morning, once again Garmin agreed with my take on things. A good sleep.  Giving myself time to wake up properly before jumping to any conclusions, I finally settled on the feeling that I was almost back to my usual self. I can feel some remnants of an infection on my chest. A deep inhale reminds me I don't have all my breath back yet. But aches and pains are gone, I don't feel particularly hot, although my temp is still up around ...