Skip to main content

Freedom Day!

Where do I start!
OK Day 11 I guess, no post for yesterday as nothing much happened, other than me over cooking it a bit on a Zwift ride. Body battery died a death, and recovery for today wasn't ideal. Day 11 test was of course positive, but taking a lot longer to show.

So, today, Freedom Day! Of course taking all the advice into account, reading the various interpretations of what it all meant, and even throwing a poll on to Twitter to see what others would do.
The section of information in question here is the advice for still testing positive after 10 days. It reads.. 

"What if I’m still testing positive after 10 days?
You may leave self-isolation after your 10th full day of self-isolation even if you are still testing positive.

The only exception to this is if you still have a high temperature, or are still feeling unwell.

If you only have a cough or your sense of smell or taste remains affected, you can leave isolation."

Obviously, other than a bit of fatigue when over doing it, I am symptom free now, so I fit well into the category of safe to go out.  And the majority of the ten people who voted on my poll on twitter (huge pool I know) agreed that going back to normal life with normal precautions was the right thing to do.

So who am I to disagree.

So with that all in mind, and some sensible consideration for contact with people in mind, I decided to head out on the bike for a gentle ride, avoiding as many people as I could, while being somewhere I could safely get home from if the body gave up. Wide flowing roads, and open parks.... Central London of course.

Wrapped up warm I headed out into the outside world, cold air and blue skies. Perfection!
Taking it nice and easy I made my way to Hyde Park. A mostly flat ride, and very little effort made, I was more than aware of any time I pushed a little too hard, with my legs short circuiting, and cutting off the power supply. There would be no efforts today.

The final leg of my trip home I face a mammoth hill (that's how it felt), so crept up it gently. But still felt like I had climbed Box Hill! 

Getting home I had a quick consult with Doctaly waiting for me. I mentioned the fatigue I was feeling, and was told it may take a few more weeks before it starts to ease up. That's no big deal, I have the energy day to day, just nothing extra to push with. I can handle that for a while. 

If you were wondering, before heading out today I did indeed take an LFT, and... 
Positive! 
If you are wondering why I am still doing them, well, it's 2 fold. 
Firstly, I'm just curious. 
And secondly I am due to fly to Svalbard in 2 weeks time, and have to have pre trip LFT's... So. I am curious, and a little anxious to see when they will start to show negative. With some people sti getting false positive tests upto 90 days later... Its a bit of a worry. 

So here ends my Covid journey. Thanks for reading. I might post a few more updates til I get a clear. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 8 - Test time.

Nope, no suspense this time, straight up positive still.  My gentle morning walk was a bit more of an effort than expected to begin with, coughing almost immediately, but settled in OK in the end. Temperature is down to 36.6c now which is nice. I can feel the difference as its starting to drop.  4 days of isolation left now inc today, so the clock is ticking down nicely now. Can't wait to get out for some gentle exercise. Cue the shite weather!

Running outdoors resumed today.

Wow that was lovely to get back out there on two feet and see what my body had left in it. I was a little concerned about running, but I needn't have been.  Starting out nice and gently, with a simple, flat 5k being the goal, I felt better than expected from the off. Setting out a little faster than planned, I eventually just settled into a 10.15min/mile average and kept it there. Giving things a chance to warm up a bit, inc my body as it was a bit chillier than I thought! Much to my surprise my lungs were fine, breathing wasn't a struggle in any way, and my HR remained under control, falling nicely after any inclines.  One thing I did notice throughout the day post run was a cough. Not bad, nothing serious, but more frequent that it has been for the past few days. That said, its productive, so that's a good thing. Clearing that chest up nicely now. Oh and sore legs! Still achy this evening, after such a short run, haha!  So that's me, let's see how I feel in the mo

Day 2 - Update - And its gone!

Sense of smell.... 2 hours ago I could smell the chocolate on the KitKat I was eating... Now... Nothing. Just stuck a bottle of Olbas oil right under my nostrils, and the best I got was the burning on the back of my throat as I inhaled deeply.  Cor this is strange! Lol.  PS I feel like poo!